Thursday, January 20, 2011

It snowed again!

And guess what... Sadie kidded!!!! We knew it would happen and yup, it did. She had a beautiful doeling that looks exactly like Sebastian and a buckling that looks exactly like his mama. They're cute and healthy and Sadie is being a good mama.. so I'm happy. And in 2 weeks we'll start milking and have fresh milk!!! Yipppeeeee!!!!
Yesterday was a pretty good day. I let the kids go to band by themselves  because I had  been feeling cruddy and I didn't want to crash out and have to go home early. So, off they went. I ended up feeling half-way decent (praise the Lord!) and made a batch of soap.
I can't wait to try it, I went ahead and hot processed it, even though I'm not as wild about the hot processed soap colors. I love the light color of the goat's milk cold process soap. Hot process makes the soap darker, between the oils cooking and the milk cooking more past the lye, it just makes the bar darker. I honestly like the feeling of the bar better. I am going to make a batch of soap with the exact same recipe using cold process and see if there's a dramatic difference, but I honestly think part of the smoothness will be because of the hot process. I'm going to have to experiment some more (awww shucks) Anyhow, this shampoo bar I made yesterday I'm super excited to try out. It's a 3 lb recipe, I don't have the recipe right in front of me, so I won't even attempt to type it out just in case I ever get followers on this. I needed to post pictures of it to. The ingredients I used were different from my 'normal' oils. I used calendula infused olive oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil, 3 oz of beeswax and jojoba oil. I also used some rosemary mint fragrance oil. Man it smells awesome. I can't wait to try it. It was awesome to mix up. It literally traced in about 2 minutes, so I didn't turn the crockpot on low, I just turned it on warm and it was ready in about an hour and a half, well within the 'normal' range of hot process. It's a tad lighter than some of the other hot process soaps I made during Christmas too. I've got to get rid of some of the soap I have in the back room before I experiment too much more though! I have a couple of ideas, I may email a couple of ppl and see if they want to buy a few bars for 2 dollars a bar as an introductory type thingy. I don't know. Gotta think.
But yesterday was a pretty good day. For the most part. I did a couple of loads of laundry. And tried watering. Then fell, hard. And it hurt. Still hurts. But I'm okay. Tried to wrestle the hose and the hose won. Felt foolish. Those things happen. Today has been okay too. Did more laundry. Goal is to get it all done before Monday. Also have bathroom cleaned before Monday and email to Great Lakes before Monday. Rob was able to get to work tonight. That's the goals for this weekend. There's another storm supposed to hit Sunday. I pray it hits Sunday day. I really want the treatment. I love church and want to be at church. But really want to go ahead with the treatment.
Well it's almost 1 am.. I'm tired and Loki is wanting to go to bed, so I think I'll quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment