Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mercy, mercy

Trying to get to feeling better here and it's slow going! I'm not happy about it either. Today it was the big bad headache again and it gets so depressing. I'm going to go ahead and email the doc in Little Rock and talk to her about this; I don't like the over top side effects.
Today was a pretty day outside today. I have a chick order ready to go. I'm ready to begin spring. Next week will be a big week for us. Ginger takes her ACT and after that I want her to switch over to work on her GED stuff, get that taken care of and have it done. Then, she'll be through with homeschool. Wow.. that's very overwhelming in so many ways. She's wanting to build a big garden and have a big summer. I'm willing to let her do all of that. We'll lose money in May which is okay, we can deal. We'll figure it out. Not quite sure how, but we will :)  I think that we're going to be able to start managing our $$ better, once again, I'm not sure how, but we've started working on it. This week I'm going to sit down and go through all of the receipts and see where the money is being spent. I would really like to get my soap business off the ground. I can make the soap, I can design the bars and work with the batches, but as far as the web site, the selling, I'm kind of stuck.

Okay, off that topic, it's too late at night and I've got to rest. Let's see. Tomorrow we have to go to town. Probably the library, DG, and maybe CV's.. whoo hooo. Not really looking forward to it, but it needs to be done. I'm going to work on a menu thingy for next week too, this week it went very well. Ginger did an awesome job in keeping up with things. Breakfasts were wonderful and every night supper has been outstanding. I'm spoiled. I need to do more cooking with the slow cooker and try to do my own cooking and let the kids clean up, because next year it's going to be Elijah and I having to do the majority of the chores on the days Rob works when Ging is at school. She's going to have to buckle down and do it. She'll do great though. I just have to get my stuff together so I can keep up with half of the stuff that she does around here!

Well after this weekend I'll be milking for us again. I am stoked about that :) Sadie's finally milking milk now. But there's no way under heaven that I'm drinking anything that came off of that milk stand!!! Elijah Daniel is cleaning that stand.. with a shovel, then the pressure washer! Rob said that he'll complete the sides so the stupid chickens can't get in. I'm all for a ton of chickens, but hello.. get out of my milk shed! I'm fairly certain Sherry's going to kid, probably Izzy too, and possibly Jesse and Sassy. Then I have to work on breeding for next year... but that'll work out too. Right now, I'm just happy to about to have real milk again! And cheese.. yummmmmm. Milk and cheese! I want to learn how to make mozzarella this year and I'd also like to learn to make ricotta. .. yummmmmmm :)

Goals for tomorrow. Grocery, blah :).. pictures.. I know, I know.. ongoing goal. FEEL BETTER!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment